Re: Some questions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 29 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 29 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:53:04PM +0300, Ivan Toshkov wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 1) Words with many meanings:
>
> 2) The natural languages are very different.
>

> I don't know many other languages (some russian and english), but I
> guess that there may be even more differences.  Perhaps the only
> sollution is to have a different identifier for each translation.

Yes, this is the idea.  In both cases, the translator would need to understand
the meaning of the message being translated and then make the appropriate
translation.