Re: SRFI 29 doesn't allow for reordering

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 29 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 29 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I would prefer that SRFI-29 extend SRFI-28 for an ordering requirement
(which, btw, is quite important.  I regret overlooking it).

Why, though, is the escape code format so complicated?  Surely something
simpler could be imagined, ~r<n> for example, which when immediately
preceding a value-requiring escape code requests that it retrieve the
<n>'th argument.

The 'r' is of course debatable.

	Scott