Re: Reference implementations of random number generators

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 27 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 27 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Brad,

> I believe that L'Ecuyer's generator would make a better choice for
> a reference implementation.

As I share your doubts, I have included the generator you mention
in the reference implementation.

More serious than that: You comment has raised a larger number
of additional issues for me. Mostly about floating point implementations
of the generators (which can be must faster than integer impl.)

I will come back to this later.

Sebastian.