copryght/license of cut.scm?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'd like to import the reference implementation of srfi-26 cut.scm
into Kawa, but there is no copyright or license information on the
code itself.  All it says is:

; The code found below is, with
; exception of this header and some changes in variable names,
; entirely written by Al Petrofsky.

This is a statement of fact, and implies that the copyright
(mostly) belong to Al Petrofsky, but legally I have no right to
copy or re-distribute the code.  There is no statement from
Al or Sebastian about the legal status of the code.

I'm sorry to be pedantic, but Kawa is GNU software, and the FSF
gets on my case if I'm too sloppy about these things.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.bothner.com/per/