Re: is that useful?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Dave> But in the case of SRFI-26 or other very small bits of code, I am
Dave> *far* more likely to simply define my own macro that does what I need
Dave> than to have a bunch of SRFI-0 code to find out if what I want is
Dave> available and if not define my own.

Sure.  In that case, you're no worse off because of the existence of
SRFI 26.  Arguably, you're probably just going to copy the sample
implementation into your own code.

Dave> On the other hand, if it was a more general SRFI that solved
Dave> most of the problems, I'd be more likely to use it.

So we're trying to figure out if the SRFI is general enough.  Walter
says it isn't.  I say it is.  It solves most of my problems.  Is it
general enough for you?

--
Cheers =8-} M.