Re: Changing the name

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] wrote:

> I'm Mr. Sperber, actually.  (Even though some people might find
> "Mr. Egner" more intuitive :-) )

It's Dr. Sperber, actually, if we want to give this little devil his
due.  (Or, this being Germany, it's probably Herr Prof. Dr. Sperber
Dipl.-Ing. or something along those lines.)

That said, Mike:

> They actually do.  I don't see why a term coined somewhere else needs
> to be used *here*.

Why not standardize the term across related languages?  The specific
argument you're advancing above is pretty weak -- you can do better.

S.