Changing the name

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

        Using the name CURRY for this macro is _already_ confusing people!
In comp.lang.scheme, Joseph Doer (newstomail@xxxxxxxx) writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a problem with understanding the curry-function. I read this URL
 > http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-26/srfi-26.html where there is a comparation
 > with the lambda function. But I'm not shure if I understood it the right
 > way. Is curry a function to add something to a list or something like this?
 >
 > Thanks for your help on advance.

        My reading of this post is that someone who is trying to understand
how currying works has encountered SRFI-26 and has been misled by it.
Changing the name to SECTION would help to forestall a steady stream of
posts like this one.

        I'd like to be able to teach Scheme-speaking students about real
currying without terminological interference from this otherwise useful
macro.

--
   John David Stone - Lecturer in Computer Science and Philosophy
           Manager of the Mathematics Local-Area Network