Changing the name

        Using the name CURRY for this macro is _already_ confusing people!
In comp.lang.scheme, Joseph Doer (newstomail@xxxxxxxx) writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a problem with understanding the curry-function. I read this URL
 > http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-26/srfi-26.html where there is a comparation
 > with the lambda function. But I'm not shure if I understood it the right
 > way. Is curry a function to add something to a list or something like this?
 >
 > Thanks for your help on advance.

        My reading of this post is that someone who is trying to understand
how currying works has encountered SRFI-26 and has been misled by it.
Changing the name to SECTION would help to forestall a steady stream of
posts like this one.

        I'd like to be able to teach Scheme-speaking students about real
currying without terminological interference from this otherwise useful
macro.

--
   John David Stone - Lecturer in Computer Science and Philosophy
           Manager of the Mathematics Local-Area Network