Re: Shape revision

Jussi Piitulainen writes:

> Now I propose to replace (array-shape arr) with
>
>   (array-start arr d)  for the start index of arr along dimension d
>   (array-end arr d)    for the end index of arr along dimension d
>
> and specify only that a (shape bound ...) is suitable input to
> make-array [...] - in particular, it need not be an array.

I think I went too far. I'll just add array-start and array-end, as
above, but keep shape objects as arrays, so that they are usefully
manipulable, and so that any similar array can be used to specify a
shape when making an array.

Array-shape is not so important, so perhaps it better be out. It would
not be required to have access to the original shape object anyway.
--
Jussi