Re: Shape revision

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 25 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 25 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Jussi Piitulainen writes:

> Now I propose to replace (array-shape arr) with
>
>   (array-start arr d)  for the start index of arr along dimension d
>   (array-end arr d)    for the end index of arr along dimension d
>
> and specify only that a (shape bound ...) is suitable input to
> make-array [...] - in particular, it need not be an array.

I think I went too far. I'll just add array-start and array-end, as
above, but keep shape objects as arrays, so that they are usefully
manipulable, and so that any similar array can be used to specify a
shape when making an array.

Array-shape is not so important, so perhaps it better be out. It would
not be required to have access to the original shape object anyway.
--
Jussi