Re: Posix is silent; Open Group is silent; feature is SVR4 & 4.3+BSD

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> From: "Neil W. Van Dyke" <nwv@xxxxxxx>
> To: srfi-22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I'm pretty sure I've seen '90s-era workstation Unixen that don't
> tolerate a space between the "#!" cookie and the pathname to the

I have seen '80s-era mini-super computers that only worked _with_ a space.
They read the first 4 bytes of a file to decide what to do with it.