Re: Several comments

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc Feeley <feeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Marc> and "scheme-script" would always invoke "script-main" after loading a
Marc> script.

>> I can imagine going with that.  Opinions, anyone else?

Marc> Can you explain your position on the other alternatives.  In
Marc> particular the second one which is my preference:

Marc>   #! /bin/sh
Marc>   "exec" "scheme-script" "$0" "$@"
Marc>   (define (main arg1 arg2)
Marc>     (write (+ (string->number arg1) (string->number arg2))))
Marc>   (apply main (script-arguments))

It has the problem mentioned in the rationale: I type C-c C-l in
XEmacs (or "Execute" in DrScheme), and the thing runs when it
shoudn't.

Marc> My third alternative, based on the implicit call of a
Marc> "script-main" procedure, requires the compiler to know it is
Marc> compiling a script so it has to be given a special compilation
Marc> option, or detect that the file being compiled starts with "#!"
Marc> (actually it is a bit more complicated because it is the linker
Marc> that has to know it is generating an executable and one of the
Marc> source files was a script).

Yes.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike