Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work (small addition)

>> From: sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]

Bengt> ...deleted
Bengt> It is unspecified what a first line starting with '#!' means. Ie, to be
Bengt> portable, do not use one.

Bengt> Posix anyone?

Bengt> PS I still stand by my previous email stating my remembering that '#!/'
Bengt> works everywhere, whereas '#!/' does not work on certain (very rare)
Bengt> Unices that read and compare 4 bytes of a file.

>> Ermh, I it does seems as though the stuff within quotes in your mail
>> is sometimes lacking a character or two.  When you say "do not use
>> one," what do you mean by "one?"

Bengt> Sorry about that. It should have been (as I hope it was the first time):
Bengt> '#! /' works everywhere, whereas '#!/' does not work on certain (very
Bengt> rare) Unices

Bengt> Do not use one => Do not use a first line with '#!' as the first
Bengt> characters (to be portable according to the (Single) Unix Spec).

I'm still confused.  What then *can* I use to guarantee a text file will
run as a script?  Could you post the exact URL of what the Single Unix
Spec says about scripts?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike