Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work (small addition)

>> From: shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Uhh... has anyone checked to ensure that it's *guaranteed* OK by Posix to
>> put that space there? Are we being jollied by permissive implementations,
>> or is it definitely OK?

Bengt> Not having Posix available I (finally) checked with the (Single) Unix
Bengt> spec (which is available at
Bengt> http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/web.htm (note lack of 'l')).

Bengt> It is unspecified what a first line starting with '#!' means. Ie, to be
Bengt> portable, do not use one.

Bengt> Posix anyone?

Bengt> PS I still stand by my previous email stating my remembering that '#!/'
Bengt> works everywhere, whereas '#!/' does not work on certain (very rare)
Bengt> Unices that read and compare 4 bytes of a file.

Ermh, I it does seems as though the stuff within quotes in your mail
is sometimes lacking a character or two.  When you say "do not use
one," what do you mean by "one?"

--
Cheers =8-} Mike