Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work (small addition)

> From: shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Uhh... has anyone checked to ensure that it's *guaranteed* OK by Posix to
> put that space there? Are we being jollied by permissive implementations,
> or is it definitely OK?

Not having Posix available I (finally) checked with the (Single) Unix
spec (which is available at
http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/web.htm (note lack of 'l')).

It is unspecified what a first line starting with '#!' means. Ie, to be
portable, do not use one.

Posix anyone?

PS I still stand by my previous email stating my remembering that '#!/'
works everywhere, whereas '#!/' does not work on certain (very rare)
Unices that read and compare 4 bytes of a file.

bengt kleberg