Re: SRFI-22 -- What won't work

>>>>> "Marc" == Marc Feeley <feeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Olin> Unfortunately, Marc, that won't work. It ought to, but it doesn't.

>> Note that Marc was talking about an issue quite unrelated to what
>> you're talking about.

Marc> You are correct (although I had no idea a scripts interpreter can't be
Marc> a script...).

Olin> Let's see:
Olin> /usr/local/bin/scm-ieee-1178-90
Olin> That's 31 characters. Oops.

Olin> My advice: make these program names *short* and highly coded

>> Suggestion for this specific case?

Marc> Yes.  Forget about all the variants, call the executable "scheme" and
Marc> **require** that it support SRFI 0.

That's simply not a viable option for this SRFI.  If there were only
one, SRFI 7 would be a much better choice.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike