Re: Windows scripts

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mar 11, Marc Feeley wrote:
> I've looked into the syntax of Windows scripts and the compatibility
> with the SRFI 22 proposal.  First here is some information on Windows
> scripts.
>
> Windows scripts (usually called "batch files") are files with a
> ".bat" or ".cmd" extension.  This extension can be omitted when
> invoking a script.  The script is composed of commands, there is no
> need for a special "#!..." header.  Commands are echoed to standard
> output as they are executed, except if they are prefixed with an
> at-sign (@) or if the command "@echo off" has been executed in the
> script.  The script name and arguments are named %0, %1, ..., %9.
> [...]

I think that I saw somewhere (maybe with SCM?) a "#!" program that you
could use to simulate Unix scripts.  But anyway, this is not as
important as a Unix solution because the standard approach in Windows
would be to associate an extension with some executable -- and this
association can be automated by installer programs.