Re: Some stuff on the #!...!# and more

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Eli> This is a comment on the #!...!# thing.  I think that more Schemes
Eli> implement a #|...|# multiline comment, which is why the srfi says that
Eli> the suggestion is not to add another comment construct but handle this
Eli> specifically as a preprocessor.  So my comment is that given the fact
Eli> that #|...|# is usually used, then there is no need for the ugly and
Eli> one-line-limited

Eli>   #!/bin/sh
Eli>   string=? ; shell-command

Eli> hack, since you can achieve the same effect with

Eli>   #!/bin/sh
Eli>   #|
Eli>   shell stuff, ends in an exec
Eli>   |#

There must be a misunderstanding: There's no need for this hack anyway
in this SRFI, and it is mentioned nowhere.

Eli> Also, I don't know how reliable this is but I think that Unix systems
Eli> are supposed to have /bin/sh available - the man page for system
Eli> specifies using "/bin/sh -c string" to do its job.

Eli> The last comment is that I think it is more common, and therefore
Eli> would be better accepted, to stick to a command line flag to load some
Eli> library (as in "-l srfi0" instead of "-srfi0") and just some
Eli> specification of the way arguments are made available to the
Eli> program

SRFI 0 and SRFI 7 are *special* SRFIs, and they certainly will not be
"loaded" in the usual sense in most contexts.  Specifically, SRFI 7
contains a loading mechanisms.  This is why this SRFI talks only about
those two.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike