Unix command options

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 22 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 22 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Srfi-22 specifies -r5rs, -srfi0, -srfi7, and -call command-line
options.  I can't cite Posix specifically, but my understanding
is that only single-letter options should start with '-'.
The GNU standard is to use '--' to start "long" option names.
I think this is a good, consistent standard, which many people
have been exposed to (e.g. via Linux).  So I suggest using
the options --r5rs --srfi0 --srfi7 and --call instead.
This is less likely to conflict with random single-letter
options.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.bothner.com/~per/