Re: threads & dynamic environment & continuations

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 18 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 18 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I considered the ((call/cc proc)) trick, but decided that it "required
cooperation from the client" -- you have to use that double-paren trick
at the call/cc site.

But you have proposed it as a sort of "different" kind of continuation,
which is just a different perspective on the same observation, but one
that makes it more clear to me that this is no worse than the "kontinuations"
I proposed in my message.

So, fine!

Do you think this should go in the SRFI, or be left out? Possibly discussed
in the rationale section, since it isn't necessary to define any new
primitives?
     -Olin