The Scheduler

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 18 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 18 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.

I'm curious why the scheduler wasn't made a data type, too, and, in
particular, why the scheduling algorithm isn't changeable.

Further (and relatedly), I'm curious why priority and quantum are
defined as the only thread-related data that affect the scheduling. If
the scheduling algorithm were separate, there might be other data it
would want to consider (e.g., deadlines).

--
Will