Re: continuations and threads

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 18 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 18 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

May I ask a heretical question (especially from me):

 How many of you use call/cc and continuation objects
 (rather than mimicing continuations with lambda's)
 in large programs? Do "we" really use it to implement
 coroutines and backtracking and threads and whatever?

 Is call/cc necessary for Scheme?

[Don't shoot. I wrote many papers on all aspects of call/cc
but now that we're building large systems we should revisit
these questions. I'd love to be wrong here.]

-- Matthias