Re: time to finish off/up srfi-17

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 17 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 17 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shriram Krishnamurthi <shriram@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> As for this phrase, "abusing the process", I searched through the mail
> archive a few days ago and, interestingly enough, I don't believe I
> (or anyone else critical of Per) introduced it -- it was Per who did.

I don't think I meant the phrase as a literal quotation, and I
probably should not have put quotation marks around the phrase.

However http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-17/mail-archive/msg00082.html
comes pretty darn close to accusing me of abusing the process as
well as intellectual dishonesty:

"I personally am disappointed that the proponents of this SRFI have
done little other than indicate it is good because it exists, while it
exists because it is good.  [Our objections] haven't ever been
properly answered.  ... I had hoped for a better discussion on a SRFI."

"... the SRFI process allows strategies such this to succeed in
producing final SRFIs.  I hope it won't be repeated ..."

If this is not an assusation of abusing the process, I don't know what
is.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.bothner.com/~per/