Re: time to finish off/up srfi-17

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 17 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 17 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shriram Krishnamurthi <shriram@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Michael Livshin wrote:
>
> > I think this is a very important test of the whole SRFI process, in
> > fact.  and I hope the process will pass this test.
>
> Lest we go overboard with the rhetoric here, the process stands
> perfectly untainted if the SRFI is withdrawn, also.

yeah, like R*RS process.

[ sorry, couldn't resist, etc. ]

> As for this phrase, "abusing the process", I searched through the mail
> archive a few days ago and, interestingly enough, I don't believe I
> (or anyone else critical of Per) introduced it -- it was Per who
> did.

while we pick on wording:
> But there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it, and the SRFI
> process allows strategies such this to succeed in producing final
> SRFIs.  I hope it won't be repeated, but those hopes do nothing to
> address the status of SRFI-17.  Perhaps it's just best to close this
> out without further ado.

a rose by any other name, etc.

--mike, shutting up

--
The software isn't finished until the last user is dead.