Re: where is srfi-17 going?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 17 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 17 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

[Clos and Dylan]
> Jost> You can send a message to an object asking it to change its internal
> Jost> state.
>
> These object systems have no concept of "send[ing] a message to an
> object," and they can hardly be called unreasonable.

Aha.  What do :setter and :getter do?  -- The created generics are not like
slot-set! or slot-get, are they?

However, my point was that it is not a good idea to grab the object
internals, pass them around and change them later.

> Friede, Völkerverständigung und überhaupt blabla

Hmm...