Re: Char sets, Unicode & deadline

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 14 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 14 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> From shivers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Wed Dec 20 11:04:07 2000
>
> That said, I will concede that this is a problem, and so let us, you & I, do
> some screamingly fast redesign. I propose deleting
>     (predicate->char-set  pred [base-cs]) -> char-set
>     (predicate->char-set! pred base-cs)   -> char-set
> and replacing them with
>     (char-set-filter  pred cset [base-cs]) -> char-set
>     (char-set-filter! pred cset base-cs)   -> char-set
> This applies PRED to every character in CSET. Any char passing the test is
> added to char set BASE-CS (defaulting to the empty set for the pure version),
> producing the result. The bang version performs linear update to BASE-CS.

Sounds good.

> From goetter@xxxxxxxxxx  Wed Dec 20 13:34:58 2000
> I urge you to keep your original function, which was elegant: simply allow
> it, optionally, to be lazy.

Sounds no good.  I figure I should be able to implement such a thing
efficiently and I can't see how.

Brad

CC'ed to srfi-14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx