Re: predicate->char-set considered harmful

   From: Brad Lucier <lucier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   >    I hope you don't try to define predicate->bitset in a later SRFI ;-).
   >
   > Well, I guess it's too late to put it into the lset-... suite of
   > operations in SRFI 1...

   My unstated (definitely understated) point is that predicate->bitset
   will never return in the general case, which isn't much different from
   how long it will take predicate->char-set to return on systems that use
   a four-byte character representation.

Yep, I understood. Just a little bit of wry academic humor there, on my
part.

Clearly people who use 4-byte char types will have to stear clear of
ops that are linear in the type size.
    -Olin