Errors in the SRFI documents for SRFI-13 and 14

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

[I hope these lists are still active]

Hello,

I am currently doing implementations of SRFI-13 and SRFI-14 for Guile,
and stumbled across errors (at least I think so) in the SRFI document.

Maybe someone here can enlighten me:

1. `char-set-hash'

   The following is stated:

     ``A positive value restricts the return value to the range [0,bound).''

   Below, as example code, there is given:

     (define (char-set-hash cs . maybe-bound) 1)

   which would break if the procedure was called as follows:

     (char-set-hash cs 1)

   because the returned value has to be in [0,1), but 1 is returned.

   `string-hash' and `string-hash-ci' have the same errors.

2. `char-set-unfold' and `char-set-unfold!'

   They are specified as

     char-set-unfold  f p g seed [base-cs] -> char-set
     char-set-unfold! f p g seed base-cs -> char-set

   but the example implementation is given as

     (define (char-set-unfold p f g seed base-cs)
	     (char-set-unfold! p f g seed (char-set-copy base-cs)))

     (define (char-set-unfold! p f g seed base-cs)
	 (let lp ((seed seed) (cs base-cs))
	    (if (p seed) cs                             ; P says we are done.
		(lp (g seed)                            ; Loop on (G SEED).
		(char-set-adjoin! cs (f seed))))))      ; Add (F SEED) to set.

   Note the different order of the predicate and seed mapping procedures.

   [string-unfold is defined correctly]

I wonder if changes to the SRFI document are allowed, if they only
correct errors and not introduce incompatibilities.  If yes, they
should be made.

Best regards,
  'martin