Re: String comparison under Latin-1 and Unicode

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

In article <85C24C92B614D111B1BC00C04FBF8D25084469@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ben Goetter <goetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Agreed.  But for single-pass cases where you don't want to cache and reuse
>sort keys, I would like the string preds to do the right thing, which, I
>claim, is language-sensitive collation.

Please, we will never get this string library finished if we bring this
kind of issues all the time.

>I also want (WITH-LANGUAGE ...) to solve the Turkish casemapping issue.
>Separate point.

Then make a separate SRFI for internationalization and locale stuff.

--
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *