Re: SRFI-13 -- bits & pieces

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 13 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 13 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

In article <200001250100.UAA10378@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
shivers@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The other algorithms I've seen (Sunday's, Boyer-Moore's) require building a
>data structure whose size is proportional to the number of codes in the
>character encoding: only 128 for ASCII... but, ah, somewhat larger for full
>32-bit Unicode. I don't want to export an interface that couldn't be supported
>in a Unicode Scheme.  So we can export either an algorithm-neutral interface,
>or KMP, but really not anything else.

After a second thought, I think that the whole searching stuff should
be dropped from this SRFI. It really has nothing to do with string
processing.

--
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *