Re: more srfi-12 rationale?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 12 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 12 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>> * Why do we need a new condition type, disjoint from other Scheme
>> values, with 5 new operations, some of which are quite non-trivial?
>>[...]
> Shriram Krishnamurthi <shriram@xxxxxxxxxxx> responded:
>> All of this is also true of continuations.

I agree with Per and Dave: exceptions are nice but conditions
can be dropped / moved to another SRFI. The best abstraction
to recognize particular kinds of values is a predicate; specifying
exact representation, no matter how "normal" it is, just reveals
unnecessary implementation details.

-- Sergei