Re: english names for symbolic SREs

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> If portability were not an issue, say a few months down the line when
> IrRegex and SCSH are patched to support the long names, would you use
> them?

More like a few years before downstream systems follow.  But if all of
that were aside, and I were using Scheme, yes, I'd use the long names.
They are easier for future programmers to maintain.  (Normally I would
say "easier for myself too", but the fact is that the string REs are
engraved in my cortical fissures; I'm unlikely ever to forget them until
I'm quite senile -- if that ever happens.)

--
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.