Re: english names for symbolic SREs

On 11/27/2013 02:32 PM, Alex Shinn wrote:
> I repeat, if the only reason people want this is because
> they think someone _else_ might want it, it's just cluttering
> the spec.

I prefer the long names. I use regular expressions sparingly, so I've
never internalized the meaning of the symbols, so I can only read REs by
looking up the meaning of each individual symbol, which is tedious, so I
would rather be able to write REs with self-explanatory operators, even
at the cost of verbosity. As stated I use REs sparingly though, so my
use case might not be the one to optimize for.

Kevin Wortman