Re: english names for symbolic SREs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 115 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 115 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On 11/27/2013 02:32 PM, Alex Shinn wrote:
> I repeat, if the only reason people want this is because
> they think someone _else_ might want it, it's just cluttering
> the spec.

I prefer the long names. I use regular expressions sparingly, so I've
never internalized the meaning of the symbols, so I can only read REs by
looking up the meaning of each individual symbol, which is tedious, so I
would rather be able to write REs with self-explanatory operators, even
at the cost of verbosity. As stated I use REs sparingly though, so my
use case might not be the one to optimize for.

Kevin Wortman