Re: english names for symbolic SREs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 115 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 115 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> The real question is not whether you think other people will use them.
> The question is, do you personally intend to use the long names?

Well, that question puts me in a cleft stick.  For a long time to come,
I'll be writing SRFI code, which means I'll need to make it as portable
as possible -- and that means sticking to the existing scsh/irregex
core, if I use regular expressions at all.

But the reasons I recommend them, which aren't personal, are still
significant to me.  By the same token, I'm going to be recommending
things for specialized vectors and for multi-dimensional arrays which I
myself probably won't ever use.

--
It was impossible to inveigle           John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan