Re: english names for symbolic SREs

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> The real question is not whether you think other people will use them.
> The question is, do you personally intend to use the long names?

Well, that question puts me in a cleft stick.  For a long time to come,
I'll be writing SRFI code, which means I'll need to make it as portable
as possible -- and that means sticking to the existing scsh/irregex
core, if I use regular expressions at all.

But the reasons I recommend them, which aren't personal, are still
significant to me.  By the same token, I'm going to be recommending
things for specialized vectors and for multi-dimensional arrays which I
myself probably won't ever use.

--
It was impossible to inveigle           John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan