Re: english names for symbolic SREs

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> It was John who insisted that the names be added, and John
> who came up with most of the new names, so I'm assuming
> he genuinely wants them.

I do, though I didn't come up with the idea and in fact was initially
against having more than one way to do it, but you convinced me otherwise.
I think the long names are more self-documenting, more Schemey, and
will make SREs more accessible to people who find string REs an
abomination of the outer darkness.

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   cowan@xxxxxxxx