Re: english names for symbolic SREs

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 115 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 115 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> It was John who insisted that the names be added, and John
> who came up with most of the new names, so I'm assuming
> he genuinely wants them.

I do, though I didn't come up with the idea and in fact was initially
against having more than one way to do it, but you convinced me otherwise.
I think the long names are more self-documenting, more Schemey, and
will make SREs more accessible to people who find string REs an
abomination of the outer darkness.

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   cowan@xxxxxxxx