[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ANN: SRFI 155: Scheme Regular Expressions
- To: srfi-115@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: ANN: SRFI 155: Scheme Regular Expressions
- From: "Arthur A. Gleckler" <scheme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:47:32 -0700
- Delivered-to: srfi-115@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=speechcode.com; s=google; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=vXTL2AirX48a9Pfg0Gdr0E0UaiJ57ZIuQOx55wOquOw=; b=Shv+QLuSW6uJdDLNGVu8z7kBMblFacqFMzqQEkJLUNfCrXdwoiANT200VDJUyeSZt2 guJy2btuj4jfjHOl2vmGXJH0wM0TsrYti41qNiIpyJNW8J7lzEhdBiuylGDrCce2xtER dM81P2h/+7RbEXJXhdoBNsQzaqfHf385IamDQ=
- Sender: aag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This SRFI is a tour de force. Nice job.
I have just a few small comments:
* In the description of `regexp-fold', in "...calls finish with the same argument," the word "argument" should be plural.
* In the paragraph describing `rx-match-submatch', the sentence beginning "if an integer outside..." is confusing. I suggest changing it to "If passed an integer outside the range of matches, or a symbol which does not correspond to a named submatch of the pattern, it is an error."
* The phrase "desirable to want to" should just be "desirable to."
* I agree that <- would be a better choice than =>. Perhaps now is the time to make the change before SRFI 115 is set in stone. There's a great story from the original author of Make. He said that he decided early on that he couldn't reverse the decision to make SPC and TAB have different meanings -- a terrible decision -- because he already had ten users!