[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ANN: SRFI 155: Scheme Regular Expressions
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 115 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 115 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: srfi-115@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: ANN: SRFI 155: Scheme Regular Expressions
- From: "Arthur A. Gleckler" <scheme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:47:32 -0700
- Delivered-to: srfi-115@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=speechcode.com; s=google; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=vXTL2AirX48a9Pfg0Gdr0E0UaiJ57ZIuQOx55wOquOw=; b=Shv+QLuSW6uJdDLNGVu8z7kBMblFacqFMzqQEkJLUNfCrXdwoiANT200VDJUyeSZt2 guJy2btuj4jfjHOl2vmGXJH0wM0TsrYti41qNiIpyJNW8J7lzEhdBiuylGDrCce2xtER dM81P2h/+7RbEXJXhdoBNsQzaqfHf385IamDQ=
- Sender: aag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This SRFI is a tour de force. Nice job.
I have just a few small comments:
* In the description of `regexp-fold', in "...calls finish with the same argument," the word "argument" should be plural.
* In the paragraph describing `rx-match-submatch', the sentence beginning "if an integer outside..." is confusing. I suggest changing it to "If passed an integer outside the range of matches, or a symbol which does not correspond to a named submatch of the pattern, it is an error."
* The phrase "desirable to want to" should just be "desirable to."
* I agree that <- would be a better choice than =>. Perhaps now is the time to make the change before SRFI 115 is set in stone. There's a great story from the original author of Make. He said that he decided early on that he couldn't reverse the decision to make SPC and TAB have different meanings -- a terrible decision -- because he already had ten users!