Re: Have one-argument '<? et al function as 'make<? et al

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Alan Manuel Gloria <almkglor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't quite see how.  Like this?

((cute . {v-find <> v}) (make<? c))

Could you give an example?  I don't quite grok what you mean.

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to take a comparison predicate such as <? and a comparator, and produce a comparison procedure that uses that comparator without having to explicitly pass it as as an argument. (Please correct me if I misunderstand.) You can do that with cute, for example if c is a comparator, the _expression_

(cute <? c <> <>)

yields a procedure that takes two arguments and compares them according to <? with comparator c. So after

(define c< (cute <? c <> <>))

You can use <c as a predicate, e.g. (<c 3 4).

PS, Sorry for the late reply.

Kevin Wortman