Re: Have one-argument '<? et al function as 'make<? et al

Alan Manuel Gloria scripsit:

> This is a rather SRFI-105-centric proposal, but I'd like to propose
> that, if '<? and friends are given a single comparator argument, it
> return a function predicate:

I don't understand why this proposal in any way benefits SRFI 105-based
code.  Can you explain further?

> Admittedly, it's possible to just use 'make<? and friends if we're
> going to use SRFI-105 anyway, but it seems clearer to use <? if
> SRFI-105 is something to support.

I don't see why.  The idea of <? and friends is that they are generalizations
of < and friends (also string<? and friends, etc.); that is, they are
predicates.  Rather than having the function be either a predicate or
a predicate-maker, my idea is to separate the two purposes, so that
in one case we always get a boolean result, in the other case a procedure.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan