Re: library separation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 114 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 114 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> Or do you mean to say the abstraction is consistently "comparator"
> whereas the ordering function is consistently "compare"?

Yes to the first.  The ordering function is consistently the "comparison
procedure", and the verb, what it does, is "compare".

> I would still prefer they be separate.

Mmm, I suppose I could change it to "ordering procedure", but I think
it would be even more confusing to change the verb to "order", since
that is much more often used as a synonym for "command" than for "compare".

--
John Cowan    cowan@xxxxxxxx    http://ccil.org/~cowan
If a traveler were informed that such a man [as Lord John Russell] was