LAST^3 CALL for SRFI 113, Sets and bags

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 113 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 113 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I've just pushed another SRFI version and implementation
to <http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/srfi-113.html> and
<http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/sets.tar.gz>.  I assume they'll be up on
the SRFI site soon.

Here are the changes:

1) Flushed alist->bag! because of complications with handling conflicts
between the bag and multiple occurrences in the alist.

2) Added bag-sum and bag-product and corresponding ! versions.

3) Renamed set/bag-comparator to set/bag-element-comparator.

4) Added comparator objects set/bag-comparator for comparing sets/bags.
Having them allows sets of sets, bags of bags, etc.

I decided to save cartesian products and power sets for a possible
future combinatorics SRFI, as Alex Shinn suggested.  The only Scheme I
could find that has them is Gauche, which puts them with combinations
and permutations.

I really hope not to have any more substantive changes now, so that we
can finalize the SRFI in a week or so.  Of course, editorial changes or
epic fails should be reported.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@xxxxxxxx
De plichten van een docent zijn divers, die van het gehoor ook.