Re: LAST^2 CALL for SRFI 113, Sets and Bags

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 113 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 113 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Do you think it should be called bag-power-set rather than bag-power-bag?

I guess I'm inclined to think that the operation is called "powerset" even when it's generalized to multisets/bags. But, the text "The procedures for creating and manipulating bags are the same as those for sets, except that set is replaced by bag in their names" means that bag-power-bag is the more consistent name. Personally I don't have strong feelings either way and this feels a little like bike-shedding. I'm comfortable with either name.

Duplicates are treated like any other elements:  the power bag of
I'm not sure what there is to clarify: can you explain?

That is what I'd expect, but a reader might be forgiven for thinking that a power bag is the same as the power set of the unique elements of the bag. In other words, it might help to clarify that the power bag is a set of bags, not a set of sets.

Best regards,
Kevin Wortman