Re: Open issues for SRFI 113

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 113 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 113 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Scripsi:

> I agree.  My only reservation is that hash tables will have to support
> naked equality predicates for backward compatibility with SRFI 69 and
> R6RS.  But I think we can allow them in that SRFI and deprecate them
> instead of allowing them anywhere.  Removed.

I have added this paragraph:

    Implementations must support any comparator that provides
    both a comparison procedure and a hash function, as well
    as the comparators `eq-comparator`, `eqv-comparator`, and
    `equal-comparator`.  Implementations may support other
    comparators, possibly with some degradation of performance.

This permits an all-singing all-dancing implementation to use hash tables
if a hash function is available, trees if a comparison procedure is
available, and lists if neither is available.

--
I suggest you solicit aid of my followers       John Cowan
or learn the difficult art of mud-breathing.    cowan@xxxxxxxx