Re: user-supplied hash-functions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 113 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 113 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Jim Rees scripsit:

> In combination with the Issues section of HashTablesCowan, why the apparent
> bias against user-supplied hash-functions?

Primarily because many Schemes don't support them.

> SRFI-113 can't do either of these as far as I can tell, but I can live with
> that if a separate hashtable api gives me the added generality.

Please take a look at ComparatorsCowan.  I have submitted it as a
SRFI, and I intend to retrofit that function into both SRFI-113 and
HashTablesCowan.  I'm writing the implementation now.

--
If I read "upcoming" in [the newspaper]              John Cowan
once more, I will be downcoming                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan