Re: About logging / reporting

Emmanuel Medernach scripsit:

> Thanks for  this example.  However the concept  behind it is
> that syslog has a  port-like interface, abstracting it would
> also be  IMHO the way  to go.  I  am surely too much  on the
> idealistic side of Scheme :D  But Ok, let's say that for the
> sake of practical needs (WG2)  I could bear with this design
> choice.

Syslog calls are designed to be interjected anywhere into an existing
body of code, so they depend on ambient authority; you don't have to
thread the identity of the syslog port through your code.

--
Andrew Watt on Microsoft:                       John Cowan
Never in the field of human computing           cowan@xxxxxxxx