Re: About logging / reporting

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 112 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 112 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Emmanuel Medernach scripsit:

> Yes, but in the  end this is equivalent to passing
> untouched values to  some output port.

In the end, perhaps.  But that may happen through some opaque interface,
for example syslog.  A Scheme version of the syslog() API would expect
strings; the ports to be used are determined at the C level.

Thanks for  this example.  However the concept  behind it is
that syslog has a  port-like interface, abstracting it would
also be  IMHO the way  to go.  I  am surely too much  on the
idealistic side of Scheme :D  But Ok, let's say that for the
sake of practical needs (WG2)  I could bear with this design
choice.

--
Emmanuel