Re: Thoughts on sweet-expression editor modes (including ParEdit operations)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Hi,

That’s a nice coincidence - feel free to reuse work I did on the wisp-mode - it should be pretty easy to adapt:
- https://bitbucket.org/ArneBab/wisp/src/tip/wisp-mode.el
- http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/wisp-mode/0.1

(along with some todos for making it better…)

> One editor mode in particular that was pointed out to me is ParEdit:

I also got requests for paredit functionality, along with some quite enthusiastic reports of paredit-users, so I think that route is a good one - especially if the goal is to get experienced schemers on board.

I did not yet use paredit, though, so I’m not the best person to implement it (yet?). Working on indentation-sensitive lisp with good highlighting/font-locking is a completely different experience than writing the bare text, so I can also attest myself that editor support is important.

Best wishes,
Arne