Re: Change: MUST support block comment "#|...|#" and datum comment "#; datum"

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 00:56:46 -0400, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The unsweetener should probably have an option to discard them rather
> than converting them to the corresponding unsweetened forms, so that
> you can take sweet code using them and transform it into unsweetened
> code that can be run on Schemes that doesn't contain them.

The unsweetener in the git repository already discards #|...|#, actually.
Without an "unread-char" function it'd take more code to do otherwise.

I think it's a very reasonable thing to *do*; I'm not sure that we should
*spec* it.

--- David A. Wheeler