Re: Updated SRFI-110 posted.

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 10:46:11 -0400, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Below is a version with no Java cruft, which I find more readable.

For a *recognizer* the {...} action rules aren't needed, so removing them
for that purpose makes complete sense.  Thanks!

However, we also need to state what the rules *transform* an expression into.
So just like SRFI-49, I intend to express them as transforms in the formal grammar
in the final spec.

I will say I really like having the tutorial in the front of the SRFI.
One side-effect is that we can focus on rigor in the spec, since we no longer
need to also explain its purpose.  I suspect some other SRFIs might benefit
from a short tutorial near their front.

--- David A. Wheeler