Re: More comments, and the ANTLR code is too complex

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Mark H Weaver:
> In the interest of encouraging implementors, I'd recommend making a
> serious effort to rewrite the grammar to be as conceptually simple and
> clear as possible.

We certainly want it to be as simple and clear as possible.
I'll look over your suggestions that you posted, and
if you have others, I'd love to hear them.

> * Inconsistent syntax is used within {} in the ANTLR.  In most places
>   standard Scheme syntax is used, but in 'collecting_tail', the syntax
>   is more like C.

The *real* ANTLR code uses Java.  I used a program to translate them to
Scheme, and obviously it failed in some places. I'll need to look at it.

I'll reply more when I have a moment.

--- David A. Wheeler