Re: Updated: SRFI-110 specification and reference implementation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

John Cowan:
> Note that Chibi doesn't actually conform to R7RS-small here, which requires
> that `write` print labels only for circularity, not for shared structure.

Are you sure Chibi doesn't conform?  I think that's changed.   I used Chibi Scheme 0.6.1, and it
*does* have a parameter to print only for circularity.  In fact, that's one reason I used
Chibi's implementation instead of the one in SRFI-38; the Chibi one is more efficient
and supports circularity detection (via an optional extra undocumented parameter).

Given:
  (define demo3 '(dosomething (a1 a2) (b1 b2) (c1 c2)))
  (set-car! (cdr demo3) (cadddr demo3))

neoteric-write-shared produces:
  dosomething(#0=c1(c2) b1(b2) #0#)

neoteric-write (aka neoteric-write-cyclic) produces:
  dosomething(c1(c2) b1(b2) c1(c2))

Am I missing something?

--- David A. Wheeler