OT: Formatting Lisp code from the command line (was: First impressions of the specification)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Mark H Weaver scripsit:

> Those of us who use Emacs don't have to figure out what to line up,
> because it simply does it for us.  This is how the vast majority of
> Schemers write code.

I don't, but I would like to be able to run my code through the Emacs
formatter for publication purposes.  Does anyone know how to do this
from the command line?  I do have Emacs installed.

> The line-up approach assumes fixed-width fonts, yes, but I don't see the
> relevance of non-ASCII chars or encodings.  Existing free fixed-width
> fonts support a great many languages.

In any case, the line-up approach is relevant only to s-expressions,
not to t-expressions, where the approach is definitely based on spaces
and tabs only.

--
John Cowan    <cowan@xxxxxxxx>     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.