Re: First impressions of the specification

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I had said:
> [#' and friends have ] been abandoned in R7RS.

John Cowan corrected:
> Ahem. They have *not* been abandoned in R7RS. They have been excluded
> from the *small* language of R7RS...

Alan Manuel Gloria scripsit:
>    I suppose at the very least we can say something like "if a scheme
>    system supports both SRFI-110 and the syntax-case related #`, #', #,,
>   and #,@ reader syntaxes, then the reader SHOULD treat those syntaxes
 >   as abbreviations in the same manner as ` ' , and ,@".

Mark H Weaver:
> That's why I said it ought to be mandatory "for readers that support the
> syntax-case abbreviations".

Ah, okay.  That makes sense.  Thanks everyone!!

I'll steal add text based on Alan Manuel Gloria's suggestion above.

--- David A. Wheeler